[GE users] Re: Returned mail: see transcript for details

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 04:49:06 GMT 2005

Here's the manpage:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/unbranded-source/browse/~checkout~/gridengine/doc/htmlman/htmlman5/checkpoint.html

(there are 2 common ways to add checkpointing functionality into an existing
application, either use a checkpointing library, or call the kernel (as long as the system
supports it))

1) checkpointing library
In order to checkpoint user applications, you will need to link them
against the condor ckpt library:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/checkpointing.html

And here's the HOWTO to configure it:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/howto/condorckpt.html

2) kernel checkpointing
There's something called the Berkeley Lab Checkpoint/Restart, and here's
the integration guide:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/howto/APSTC-TB-2004-005.pdf

There are a few more checkpointing packages, and the interface is more or
less the same as the 2 above.

FYI: http://www.checkpointing.org/

 -Ron

http://my.yahoo.com