[GE users] SGE6.0u3 global consumable resource - applies to allqueues

Olesen, Mark Mark.Olesen at arvinmeritor.com
Thu Feb 3 09:07:09 GMT 2005

> The load sensor however seemed to be too slow.  For example, with five
> licenses, if three jobs were running and four more were queued in, often
> all four jobs would be submitted before the load sensor (using FlexLM's
> lmstat) could report back the load.  If I delayed the starting of jobs,
> ~10 seconds, the load sensor could keep up.  Maybe there is a way to only
> queue in after an event like a load refresh??

Walt,

The problem that you describe here is inevitable with the pure load sensor
approach. I'm working on a How-To that describes the problem and possible
solutions. The preliminary version of the How-To, including some sample
code, is attached. Run it thru pod2html / pod2text to obtain a nicer format.

/mark

    [ Part 2, Text/PLAIN (Name: "HowTo-Licenses-n1ge.txt") ~652 lines. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]

    [ Part 3: "Attached Text" ]