[GE users] failed searching requested shell sge6 u3 drmaa

Ralf Sigmund sigmund at ipk-gatersleben.de
Fri Feb 4 08:32:43 GMT 2005

first I want to apologize for accidently mixing up results of different
experiments.
I executed 2 different scripts sleeper.sh and simple.sh. The issue I
noticed is not related to the script-name.

Let me sumarize:
If I submit a simple shell script using qsub, than it is executed normally.
If I submit the same script using  drmaa i get an error message:

Shepherd error:
02/04/2005 09:09:49 [500:9559]: execvp(/home/sigmund/sleeper.sh, "/home/sigmund/sleeper.sh") failed: Permission denied

I can fix this by making sleeper.sh executable. However there is no need
to set the script's executable bit before submission of a script to qsub.

The above line shows, that SGE tries to execute /home/sigmund/sleeper.sh
I wonder why it does not try to execute /bin/sh with the String argument
"/home/sigmund/sleeper.sh"
-- so should not SGE make the call:

execvp(/bin/sh, "/home/sigmund/sleeper.sh")

instead of what it obviously does when the drmaa api is used?

Cheers Ralf