[GE users] Processors as consumable resources

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Feb 4 18:07:43 GMT 2005

Brian,

also when you just use forks or threads, the best way to implement it is to set
up a parallel environment and let SGE take care of the proper handling of the
slots on the machines. To use just this one parallel setup the PE may look
like:

$ qconf -sp fork
pe_name           fork
queue_list        node00 node01
slots             40
user_lists        NONE
xuser_lists       NONE
start_proc_args   /bin/true
stop_proc_args    /bin/true
allocation_rule   $pe_slots
control_slaves    FALSE
job_is_first_task TRUE

(add more machines according to your setup) and request "-pe fork 3" when
submitting. - Reuti