[GE users] SunGrid Engine & BLAST

Hrishikesh Deshmukh hdeshmuk at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 16:25:07 GMT 2005

Hi All,

I am trying to integrate mpich PE on Sun Grid 5.3 (Mac OS X).
I am trying to follow up on the way to do this:
http://bioteam.net/faq/index.php?action=artikel&cat=5&id=39&artlang=en

I used qconf -ap mpich and changed the variables:
emac21:/usr/local/sge/bin/darwin sgeadmin$ ./qconf -ap mpich
pe_name           mpich
queue_list        all
slots             5
user_lists        NONE
xuser_lists       NONE
start_proc_args   /usr/local/sge/mpi/startmpi.sh $pe_hostfile
stop_proc_args    /usr/local/sge/mpi/stopmpi.sh
allocation_rule   $fill_up
control_slaves    FALSE
job_is_first_task TRUE
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
parallel environment "mpich" already exists

So when i submit the test script given in the link the job just "hangs"
Do i need to change anything else?!

Thanks,
Hrishi