[GE users] SGE and Maui (was: [GE users] Re: Returned mail: see transcr...)

Rayson Ho raysonho at eseenet.com
Mon Feb 7 02:46:52 GMT 2005

(Sorry, hitted enter before typing anything... please ignore previous
mail)

>> has anyone exerience with integrating Maui with SGE?

I think very few people want to use Maui w/ SGE, and also I don't believe
anyone is using Maui w/ SGE now.

2 years ago, the integration was up to the point that almost everything
worked, and a few people reported bugs to the Maui mailing list. But in
order to use Maui, you need a special 5.3 version of SGE, and some advanced
features of SGE (e.g. array jobs, shadow master) were not supported by
Maui.

Since SGE 6.0 is a major change, I don't think Maui is supported anymore...
and on the other hand, SGE added reservation -- not as powerful as Maui's
reservation, but should be good enough for most people (IMO).

Rayson