[GE users] failed searching requested shell sge6 u3 drmaa

Fred L Youhanaie fly at anydata.co.uk
Mon Feb 7 10:23:11 GMT 2005

Hi Ron,

This is on 6.0u1 courtesy binaries on a linux x86. FC2, 2.6.9.

I can reproduce the problem with the howto2.c in
$SGE_ROOT/examples/drmaa. Copy the file to a local directory, compile,
create a .sge_request file with '-b no' and '-shell yes' and run it. It
is this submit process (howto2) that segfaults.

The segfault occurs in drmaa_run_job, and more specifically in
parse_script_file (gdb shows somewhere inside fopen!) The crash occurs
whether the script file, sleeper.sh, exists or not.

However, if I set SGE_DRMAA_ALLOW_CWD and '-cwd' everything works fine!

I'll dig deeper and report back.

Cheers
f.