[GE users] libdrmaa probs on Red Hat & SGE6u3

Tim Harsch harsch1 at llnl.gov
Wed Feb 9 22:20:08 GMT 2005


    [ The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set. ]
    [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-10" character set.  ]
    [ Some special characters may be displayed incorrectly. ]

I added a little C code to my swig wrapper to see that proper parameters
were being passed to drmaa_init...  as far as I can tell, yes they are.
After returning from drmaa_init I get

Arg1 is 0
Arg2 is unable to contact qmaster using port 555 on host
"bio-e-dev.llnl.gov"
Arg3 is 1024
result is 2

It's odd... why would the the DRMAA library run fine from howto1.c, but
within my SWIG'd code it returns that specific error message?

Note the method my Makefile.PL builds with is different than the hand rolled
one I did for howto1.c
LD_RUN_PATH="/usr/local/SGE/SGE603/lib/lx24-x86:/lib"
cc  -shared -L/usr/local/lib Schedule_DRMAAc_wrap.o  -o
blib/arch/auto/Schedule/DRMAAc/DRMAAc.so   -L/usr/local/SGE/SGE603/lib/lx24-
x86 -ldrmaa -lnsl -lm -lpthread


I then tried compiling howto1.c more like my perl mod gets compiled, it
cores...

$ setenv LD_RUN_PATH /usr/local/SGE/SGE603/lib/lx24-x86:/lib
$
cc -shared -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/SGE/SGE603/lib/lx24-x86 -ldrmaa -ln
sl -lm -lpthread howto1.o
$ ldd a.out
        libdrmaa.so => /usr/local/SGE/SGE603/lib/lx24-x86/libdrmaa.so
(0x40002000)
        libnsl.so.1 => /lib/libnsl.so.1 (0x4013b000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x40152000)
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0x40174000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x401a8000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x80000000)
$ a.out
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Tim Harsch" <harsch1 at llnl.gov>
To: <users at gridengine.sunsource.net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 1:34 PM
Subject: Re: [GE users] libdrmaa probs on Red Hat & SGE6u3


> I fixed the gcc line to include -ldl
>
> So the correct line is ( for RHEL - Linux)
> $ gcc howto1.c -L $SGE_ROOT/lib/lx24-x86 -ldrmaa -lnsl -lm -ldl -lpthread
>
> and the resulting a.out executes without errors, so I'm now trying to
figure
> out what to do next :-)
>
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Tim Harsch" <harsch1 at llnl.gov>
> To: <users at gridengine.sunsource.net>
> Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 1:20 PM
> Subject: Re: [GE users] libdrmaa probs on Red Hat & SGE6u3
>
>
> > Hi Rayson,
> >     Thanks for the quick reply!   Yes, I am using libdrmaa.so, from the
> same
> > binary distribution that is running the qmaster and execd, etc.
> >
> > I'm trying to get one of the simple examples to compile for testing, I
may
> > not be setting up the right libs to include though...
> >
> > $ gcc howto1.c -L $SGE_ROOT/lib/lx24-x86 -ldrmaa -lnsl -lm -lpthread
> > /usr/local/SGE/SGE603/lib/lx24-x86/libdrmaa.so: undefined reference to
> > `dlclose'
> > /usr/local/SGE/SGE603/lib/lx24-x86/libdrmaa.so: undefined reference to
> > `dlopen'
> > /usr/local/SGE/SGE603/lib/lx24-x86/libdrmaa.so: undefined reference to
> > `dlsym'
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> >
> > ----- Original Message ----- 
> > From: "Rayson Ho" <raysonho at eseenet.com>
> > To: <users at gridengine.sunsource.net>
> > Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 12:33 PM
> > Subject: Re: [GE users] libdrmaa probs on Red Hat & SGE6u3
> >
> >
> > > Did you use the pre-compiled binary??
> > >
> > > And can you try the simple C DRMAA programs in
$SGE_ROOT/examples/drmaa?
> > >
> > > Rayson
> > >
> > > >The short of the problem is that jobs are successfully run via qsub,
> but
> > > >when I try to run a drmaa_init I get back:
> > > >unable to contact qmaster using port 555 on host "bio-e-dev.llnl.gov"
> > > >
> > > >There are a few places the problem could be:
> > > >* first I chose a non-std port for sge_qmaster in /etc/services
because
> > > 535
> > > >was reserved in there for something else
> > > >* also, I am using my Schedule::DRMAAc module as a wrapper to
libdrmaa
> (
> > > >this is my first compile on Linux with SGE6 ).  I developed
> > > Schedule::DRMAAc
> > > >using SGE sources when 6.0 was beta, and didn't get and opportunity
to
> > try
> > > a
> > > >lot of platforms at the time.   However, Schedule::DRMAAc is just a
> SWIG
> > > >binding to the C library and given that I get an error message like
> above
> > > >tells me the problem is not likely a bug with my code, but perhaps my
> > > >installation or a bug in drmaa or something else?
> > > >
> > > >What's the easiest way to test the drmaa library?
> > > >
> > > >- Tim Harsch
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > >To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net
> > > >For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net
> > > >
> > > >
> > > ---------------------------------------------------------
> > > Get your FREE E-mail account at http://www.eseenet.com !
> > >
> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net
> > > For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net
> > >
> >
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net
> > For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net
> >
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net




More information about the gridengine-users mailing list