[GE users] Minimun number of CPUs for a queue

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Feb 10 10:47:40 GMT 2005

Hi Carlos,

I had already the same idea (issue 1276). But for now you can only try to
define some complexes, e.g. min8 and min4 and attach them to the queues. So the
queue where you allow 4 or more CPUs in a parallel job would get min4 and min8,
and a queue where you allow only 8 or more CPUs just gets min8.

So, a parallel job submitted with "-l min8 -pe blabla 8" may run in both
queues.

CU - Reuti

BTW: Maybe I got you wrong, but the limits in a PE for the number of slots are
for the slots in the whole PE, not per job.