[GE users] Limited Access Queue problem

Dan Gruhn Dan.Gruhn at Group-W-Inc.com
Thu Feb 10 14:33:01 GMT 2005

Hi everyone,

I am using sge6.0u3 lx24-x86 on Fedora Core 1 and am setting up some
queues for users such that each person has a queue for his/her own host
(that is, the one on their desktop that they "own") plus there are
queues for the grid in general.

I've set up the individual host queues so that the person who owns the
host is the owner of the queue and is the only one with access
permission for the queue.  Two things have come up:

1) If I submit a job with a hard queue requirement only for queue(s) for
which I don't have permission to use, the job is accepted but just sits
waiting.  Is their any way to have it rejected so the submitter knows
that it will not run, or at least provide some kind of feedback?

2) What does queue ownership do?  The owner does not seem to be able to
modify the queue (which is what I was hoping to be able to accomplish)
without being an administrator.

Thanks,

Dan