[GE users] setting up mpich2 pe + qrsh

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Feb 11 15:27:10 GMT 2005

Jeroen,

for the admin login you could use ssh from the master to the nodes, and add a
line like

AllowUsers reuti jeroen

to the /etc/ssh/sshd_config on the nodes.

rsh between the nodes for the users, ssh for the admins from the master to the
slaves.

BTW: since qrsh is using a private daemon, rsh could be disabled completely.
Problem may be the proper shutdown of the smpd on the slave nodes in case of an
qdel, as you can only use the last way I mentioned as an option in
stop_proc_args to shutdown smpd instead of the rsh command.

Cheers - Reuti

Quoting jeroen.m.kleijer at philips.com: