[GE users] inst_sge and missing binaries

Dale Harris rodmur at maybe.org
Sat Feb 12 17:37:28 GMT 2005

Hi,

I built SGE 6.0u3 on a Linux system (2.6 kernel).  I built it without
qmake and remote capabilities.  However inst_sge doesn't like those
binaries missing:

missing program >qmake< in directory >./bin/lx26-x86<
missing program >qtcsh< in directory >./bin/lx26-x86<
missing program >rlogin< in directory >./utilbin/lx26-x86<
missing program >rsh< in directory >./utilbin/lx26-x86<
missing program >rshd< in directory >./utilbin/lx26-x86<

I needed to modify inst_sge to recognize lx26-x86, only likes to create
lx24-x86, it was trivial fix.  Anyway, back to subject, is there an easy
way around this?  Seems like if aimk can support not building these
things when they are not needed, then inst_sge should not need to try
and install them.  (dreams of GNU autoconf here)

BTW, do we need inst_sgeee link anymore to install SGEEE?

--
Dale Harris
rodmur at maybe.org
/.-)