[GE users] Auto-installation tip

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Mon Feb 14 09:08:02 GMT 2005

Bernard,

> Hey David:
>
> Thanks for sharing - If you just want to accept the default responses
> during execution host installation, this works too:
>
> yes "" | ./install_execd
>
> (this basically answers "yes" to all the questions asked during
> installation)
>
> SGE Team: Are there currently any plans to make improvements to the
> auto-installation script?  Getting it to give verbose error messages is
> a good start.

Yes, we are aware that the current diagnozing capabilities of the auto
install mode are not optimal. We are not yet sure if our resources will
allow to make any improvments for the the next patch already.

Andy

Andy

Andy Schwierskott           Tel: +49 (0)941 3075-200 (x60200)
N1 Grid Engine Engineering  Fax: +49 (0)941 3075-222 (x60222)
Sun Microsystems GmbH
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7       mailto:andy.schwierskott at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg          http://www.sun.com/gridware