[GE users] Long delay when submitting large jobs

Rayson Ho raysonho at eseenet.com
Mon Feb 14 22:47:33 GMT 2005

>Some of the things mentioned above will certainly need to be
>changed/dropped in case a TM-like API will be provided, but a year ago
>I did not even dared to mention TM on this lists :-)

It would be nice if we have a TM-like (or TM compatible) library.

Last Friday, I sent this mail to the mpiexec mailing list:

http://email.osc.edu/pipermail/mpiexec/2005/000727.html

http://email.osc.edu/pipermail/mpiexec/2005/000728.html (Pete's reply)

TM doesn't forward stdio, and if you don't need it anyways, just
tm_spawn() will do exactly what you want. For forwarding stdio in mpiexec,
we need to add a few lines of code to connect back to the ports in the
"stdio forwarder" from the slave tasks' shepherd.

To do LAM integration with TM, we need to support another TM call
--tm_rescinfo().

And if we have the TM library available for SGE now, what kind of changes
would be needed to do what you sent to the dev last year??

Rayson