[GE users] Long delay when submitting large jobs

Andreas Haas Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM
Tue Feb 15 14:31:46 GMT 2005

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005, Rayson Ho wrote:

> >Some of the things mentioned above will certainly need to be
> >changed/dropped in case a TM-like API will be provided, but a year ago
> >I did not even dared to mention TM on this lists :-)
>
> It would be nice if we have a TM-like (or TM compatible) library.
>
> Last Friday, I sent this mail to the mpiexec mailing list:
>
> http://email.osc.edu/pipermail/mpiexec/2005/000727.html
>
> http://email.osc.edu/pipermail/mpiexec/2005/000728.html (Pete's reply)
>
> TM doesn't forward stdio, and if you don't need it anyways, just
> tm_spawn() will do exactly what you want. For forwarding stdio in mpiexec,
> we need to add a few lines of code to connect back to the ports in the
> "stdio forwarder" from the slave tasks' shepherd.

I'm curious whether PSCHED API actually did specify how task
stdin/stdout/stderr shall be handled. Anyone knowing if there is
a more recent version of PSCHED API than v0.1?

   http://www.jrac.com/people/jjones/psched-api-report.ps

with mpiexec I encounter a process for reading and writing tasks
stdin/stdout/stderr is forked-off. Though this is a solution but
I'd prefer this be transparently done by an API for the task.

Andreas