[GE users] Getting email to the right place

Dan Gruhn Dan.Gruhn at Group-W-Inc.com
Wed Feb 16 15:44:51 GMT 2005

Greetings everyone,

I would like to be able to write my job script so that it will send
email to the user who submitted the job when the job completes.  This
seems easy, but I would like the email to go to dgruhn at ourdomain.com
rather than dgruhn at localhost (which is the defaul), because the first
will end up in the users general emailbox while the latter will end up
in a mailbox on the local machine.  I do know that the local machines
can be configured to forward the email to the domain, but I will be
supporting location outside of my control for this.

I thought I could do this with the -M swith as in:

#$ -M $USER at ourdomain.com

but I found out that these are only available for the -e and -o options,
not as a general thing in active comments.

I can directly enter:

#$ -M dgruhn at ourdomain.com

which works fine, but is the script will only send to me.  I'd like
something I can put in the global sge_request file.

It would be nice if all SGE environment variables were available in
active comments.  Barring that, does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks,

Dan