[GE users] SGE and PGI

Mark Westwood mark.westwood at ohmsurveys.com
Wed Feb 16 17:32:30 GMT 2005

Martin

We use both the PGI compilers and GE.  I'm a bit puzzled by your
question.  Our usual work cycle is something like;

a) write code
b) compile
c) write job script
d) submit job script to GE, which causes GE to place the executable on
the cluster

but this is the work cycle whatever compiler is used.  We certainly
don't have any integration between the compiler and GE.  And I'm not
sure that we would if I knew how to.

Perhaps you could be more specific about the information you are seeking ?

Regards
Mark

PS Yes, I confess, I've never really written a code which compiled first
time.  And the job scripts which execute correctly the first time are
few and far between too. :-)

lukacm at pdx.edu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i was wondering if anyone have any documentation how to set up a parallel
> environment for SGE using the PGI (portland group compilers).
>
> thank you
>
> martin

Mark Westwood
Parallel Programmer