[GE users] Changing execd_spool_dir with berkeleydb spooling

Roland Dittel Roland.Dittel at Sun.COM
Thu Feb 17 13:17:35 GMT 2005

you can exploit a bug in the U3 binarys (fixed in maintrunk) to change
the execd_spool_dir. The unsupported change will only be recognizied if
the value is already set and then changes. So you are able to delete the
whole option with one "qconf -mconf <hostname>" command and then set it
new with the next command.

Be aware that I've tested this only with a local, not with the global
config. I don't know what will happen if you change with this exploit
your global config.

regards
Roland