[GE users] JOSH with SGE 6.3?

Melvin Koh melvin at apstc.sun.com.sg
Thu Feb 17 13:47:15 GMT 2005

I have not tried it, but since JOSH is using MJS as the job submission
interface, I do know that MJS in GT3 works with SGE v6.x. Also,
there is no real changes to the usage of the client commands (qsub,
qstat, qacct) and the epilog/prolog mechanisms from v5.3 to v6.x, which
JOSH also depends on. So in theory I believe that it should work.

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005, Silvan Kaiser wrote:

> Hello everyone!
> We're planning to install JOSH
> (http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/josh.html) on our
> SGE v6.3 based system in order to make accessible via the Globus
> Toolkit. Has anyone done this so far? JOSH documentation only talks
> about SGE v5.x variants so we're unsure wether or not this will work.
> Thnx
> 	Silvan Kaiser

Melvin Koh Chee Kian
Grid Research Engineer
Asia Pacific Science & Technology Center
Sun Microsystems Inc.
Website: http://apstc.sun.com.sg/