[GE users] JOSH with SGE 6.3?

Terry Sloan tms at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Thu Feb 17 16:27:04 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I have just spoken to some of the JOSH developers here at EPCC and they
have confirmed that JOSH only uses the client commands: qacct, qalter,
qdel, qrls, qselect, qstat, and qsub. As far as we are aware these
haven't changed from 5.3 to 6.0.  I guess someone else on this list can
confirm this or not.  Also you should be aware that the fork MMJFS is
only used to run these commands as the user.

JOSH was originally written and tested with GT 3.0.2 however we have
recently tested it with GT 3.2.1.  Between GT 3.0.2 and GT 3.2.1 there
are changes in the RSL. We therefore have had to update JOSH accordingly
and produce a new binary for the JOSH client for use with GT 3.2.1.  If
you wish to receive this updated binary please get in contact with me at
t.sloan at epcc.ed.ac.uk.

Soon we hope to make the JOSH source available through  the Grid Engine
CVS repository so that we can share such source changes with the Grid
Engine community.  In the meantime if you wish to receive the new source
for the client please get in contact with me.

Best regards,

Terry Sloan