[GE users] Task scheduling

Tobias Sargeant sargeant at wehi.edu.au
Tue Feb 22 01:20:36 GMT 2005

On 15/02/2005, at 2:19 PM, Ron Chen wrote:
> If they are from the same user, setting
> "max_aj_instances" (see sge_conf(5)) will limit the
> number of tasks allowed to run per array job.

A couple of additional questions:

My reading of the manpage suggests that this is a cluster
wide setting. Is there any way to get this behaviour for
a single queue? Secondly, there seems to be no indication
that more than one job in the same queue will be scheduled
simultaneously even if max_aj_instances is less than the
number of available slots. Is this the correct interpretation
(in which case, will I need one queue per job) or will
more than one job per queue be scheduled?

Thanks,

Toby.