[GE users] Task scheduling

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 22 11:43:44 GMT 2005

--- Tobias Sargeant <sargeant at wehi.edu.au> wrote:
> My reading of the manpage suggests that this is a
> cluster wide setting. Is there any way to get this
> behaviour for a single queue?

I don't think so, unless you want to modify the source
:)

> Secondly, there seems to be no
> indication
> that more than one job in the same queue will be
> scheduled
> simultaneously even if max_aj_instances is less than
> the
> number of available slots. Is this the correct
> interpretation
> (in which case, will I need one queue per job) or
> will
> more than one job per queue be scheduled?

What does "qstat -j" say?

Another way is to config "Consumable Resources", and
have a script to modify the job resource requirements.
Then you can use a script to control how many units of
the consumable resource is available. This should work
no matter how many queues are available.

 -Ron

http://my.yahoo.com