[GE users] PVM and Grid Engine 6.0

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Feb 22 16:02:41 GMT 2005

Hi there,

we used PVM it many years ago, but all the software we use switched to
MPI - so we have no PVM any more. But I think the way starting it stayed
the same: start the daemons, run the job, stop the daemons.

So in small steps:

What version of PVM are you using?
You can run it interactively without SGE?
You compiled the stuff in the $SGE_ROOT/pvm/src directory?
You allow rsh/ssh between the nodes?

What problems you encounter in detail?

Cheers - Reuti