[GE users] number of nodes

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 23 00:49:21 GMT 2005

You mean 120,000 machines?

I think it actually depends on the hardware
configuration of the master machine and also the
communication network. For SGE 5.3, we can support up
to around 1000 to 1300 machines in a single cluster.

With SGE 6.0, the number is larger with the threaded
qmaster daemon and Berkeley DB spooling. And SGE 6.0u4
will pick up Stephan's fix for the long delay time for
huge parallel jobs. Also, an enchancement in 6.0u4 to
use 2 GDI threads in qmaster will further improve the
response time.

Mecnun, I am not sure how you are going to use SGE,
but  according to your mail, you are studying SGE. So
I think you should pick SGE 6.0.

 -Ron

--- Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> wrote:
> At the SUN homepage for N1GE6 they are stating
> 120.000 machines per
> master as the maximum paid license available. For
> real clusters a limit,
> not easy to achieve. - Reuti
>
> Mecnun wrote:
> > I searched in the documentation and mailing list
> but I couldn't find the
> > answer.
> >
> > My question is: is there any limit for the number
> of execution hosts?
> > If yes, how many execution hosts can I add to my
> cluster?
> >
> > Thanks in advance

> For additional commands, e-mail:

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!