[GE users] Telling SGE to use other interface than the one hostname is bound to..?

Stefan.O.Nordlander at astrazeneca.com Stefan.O.Nordlander at astrazeneca.com
Wed Feb 23 13:02:35 GMT 2005

Thanks for all the references on my BLCR question, I'll let you know how it
works out.

Now for another question; When installing SGE it automagically configurates
itself for the network which "hostname" is bound to. Today we have two
interfaces in use.

eth0 - master 10.10.0.100
eth1 - cl3 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

The hostname of the server is "master" which is bound to eth0. This creates
other problems with sendmail, bb, etc. We would like to have the hostname
set to the external interface. I.e. "cl3". Can we configure SGE to be aware
of the other network? Today it uses the one attatched to the hostname of the
server. How do we do that?

Cheers,

Stefan Nordlander - Linux System Manager
AstraZeneca R&D Mölndal
Pepparedsleden 1
S-431 83 Mölndal, Sweden
Phone:    +46 (0)31 706 49 14
Email:    Stefan.O.Nordlander at astrazeneca.com
Unix _is_ user friendly, its just picky about who its friends are...