[GE users] Job Failure Deletes Local Spool Directory

Harald Pollinger Harald.Pollinger at Sun.COM
Wed Feb 23 14:38:48 GMT 2005

Dan Gruhn wrote:
>  Okay, that makes sense to me and I want to change my local spool
> location.  I try to change the spool directory on one of my machines by
> running:
>
> qconf -mconf <host>
>
> and I get the message:
>
> "Changing parameter "execd_spool_dir" only supported in a shut-down
> cluster."
>
> So I run:
>
> qconf -ke all
> qconf -mconf <host>
>
> and I get the message:
>
> "Changing parameter "execd_spool_dir" only supported in a shut-down
> cluster."
>
> So, I run
>
> qconf -ks
> qconf -km
> qconf -mconf <host>
>
> and I get the message:
>
> unable to contact qmaster using port 461 on host "<hostname>"
>
> So, how do I change this?

With a running QMaster:

qconf -sconf <host>

Mark and copy the displayed values.

qconf -dconf <host>
qconf -aconf <host>

Paste values to the now opening editor, change "execd_spool_dir", save
and quit editor.
Then, restart the sge_execd.

Regards,
Harald