[GE users] -now y option (was: qrsh and iptables)

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Feb 25 10:03:18 GMT 2005

Quoting Charu Chaubal <Charu.Chaubal at Sun.COM>:

<snip>
> It depends what you need to run.  For what it's worth, "qsub -now y"
> will run the job in any queue marked "Interactive" and will fail if the

So -now will also change the queue type request to "Interactive". Then the
issue from Patrice came clear: in 6.x it's working as intended. But in the
manpage of qsub this should be mentioned.

Maybe in 5.3p6 was only a small bug (giving always the error message, although
it run correctly), which is already corrected in 6.x. For 5.3p5 I can't say
anything - we don't have. - Reuti