[GE users] What does add_grp_id meant?

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Jan 4 21:56:07 GMT 2005

the add_grp_id is used on platform with a reliable grouping mechanism to shut
down all processes of a job. Whether they stay in the same processgroup as the
started script or not. For safety reason it's not used under Linux, but you
will still need a proper setup range of group ids. There must be one for each
running job.

You can adjust this with:

$ qconf -mconf
..
gid_range                 20000-20100
..

will allow 101 simulations jobs in the system.

Cheers - Reuti