[GE users] SGE 6 sending emails

Gavin Kelman gavin.kelman at uk.lionbioscience.com
Wed Jan 5 12:18:06 GMT 2005

Ron Chen wrote:
> I need more information in order to find out what's
> wrong.
>
> 1) So host watts is an IRIX machine? Do you have other
> IRIX machines with the same OS and same configuration?

We have another IRIX machine but it's running a different
patchlevel of IRIX 6.5

> 2) Do all jobs fail when executed on watts? And do all
> users encounter the same problem?

None of the jobs fail, we just get the emails to root.

> 3) Do non-interactive jobs fail?

Nope.

> In order to do that, some minor code changes is
> required, do you know how to compile SGE from source?

Never done it.

Cheers,
Gavin.

--
Gavin Kelman
UNIX Administrator
Cambridge CB5 8DZ, UK  Email: gavin.kelman at uk.lionbioscience.com

PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail
in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this
e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the
material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.
Any attachment - if any - to this message has been checked for
viruses, but please rely on your own virus checker and procedures,
as we do not bear any responsibility and/or liability for damages
resulting in this regard or connected therewith.