[GE users] What does add_grp_id meant?

Sean Dilda agrajag at dragaera.net
Wed Jan 5 14:31:53 GMT 2005

Reuti wrote:

>How will the group_ID be selected for a parallel job - by each execd this way?

The group_id doesn't have to be the same for each task of a parallel
job.  All processes in a single task need the same group id, and no two
tasks on a single host should have the same group id.  Therefore, you
don't need to make them all be the same.  Instead, each execd can pick
its own groupid.

With that said, I've no idea if SGE tries to use a common group id for
all tasks in a parallel job or not.