[GE users] What does add_grp_id meant?

Joachim Gabler Joachim.Gabler at Sun.COM
Wed Jan 5 14:47:33 GMT 2005

Sean Dilda wrote:

>Reuti wrote:
>

>>How will the group_ID be selected for a parallel job - by each execd this way?
>>

>The group_id doesn't have to be the same for each task of a parallel
>job.  All processes in a single task need the same group id, and no two
>tasks on a single host should have the same group id.  Therefore, you
>don't need to make them all be the same.  Instead, each execd can pick
>its own groupid.
>
>With that said, I've no idea if SGE tries to use a common group id for
>all tasks in a parallel job or not.

No, it will use a distinct group id for each task.
parallel tasks on one exec host will have different group ids, tasks on
different hosts may get the same group id.

   Joachim

Joachim Gabler          Tel: +49 941 3075-233 (x60233)
Sun Microsystems GmbH   Fax: +49 941 3075-222 (x60222)
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7	mailto:joga at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg      http://www.sun.de