[GE users] SGE 6 sending emails

Gavin Kelman gavin.kelman at uk.lionbioscience.com
Thu Jan 6 11:07:16 GMT 2005

Ron Chen wrote:
> Compile a new shepherd, and put it in the bin
> directory. And also, you should have a copy of the
> "exit_status" file in /tmp if it fails again when you
> use this debug shepherd.

I compiled a new shepherd and replaced the old one. Jobs
are still running and producing the emails, but there's no
exit_status file in /tmp.

>>>2) Do all jobs fail when executed on watts? And do all
>>>users encounter the same problem?
>>
>>None of the jobs fail, we just get the emails to
>>root.

All jobs seem to produce these emails. Most of our jobs are
run by one user, and their jobs on this one machine produce
these emails.

>>>3) Do non-interactive jobs fail?

Nearly all our jobs are non-interactive, so yes.

Cheers,
Gavin.

--
Gavin Kelman