[GE users] how do i isntall SGE???

rodolfoallendes at alumnos.utalca.cl rodolfoallendes at alumnos.utalca.cl
Fri Jan 7 20:21:33 GMT 2005

Mensaje citado por Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de>:

> Hi,
>
> can you tell us a little bit more about your intended workflow? Jobs
> submitted
> to O200 will execute only on paris1, nodo4 and Altix, and jobs submitted to
> paris1 should be executed on paris2..7?

The idea is that jobs submitted to O200 execute on paris, pichilemu other
altix using not just the first node, but the entire cluster. I think SGE will
work as follows:

 A job is submitted to O200
 the job goes to execution, for example, on paris
 the job is distributed by the qmaster on paris between the nodes paris2..7

i don't know if it'll work or if i need to do something special to make it
work, but that's the way i think i'll do it.

> There is also the possibility to install a qmaster on Altix and use transfer
> queues between these 3 clusters, this way you don't need the O200 at all.
> Is there any shared home in the cluster?>

 No, there's no shared home in the cluster.

> Cheers - Reuti

Thanks,
Rodolfo.

Este correo fue enviado por http://alumnos.utalca.cl