[GE users] SunGrid Engine & BLAST

Brooks Davis brooks at aero.org
Wed Jan 12 20:59:52 GMT 2005

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 03:53:13PM -0500, Hrishikesh Deshmukh wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Anybody tried installing/integrating BLAST with Sun Grid Engine.
> http://developers.sun.com/solaris/articles/integrating_blast.html is
> the link that shows but i am confused about /etc/dfs/dfstab, i don't
> see /etc/dfs/dfstab/. I am trying to integrate BLAST with Sun Grid
> Engine on Mac OS X (emacs).

dfstab is a solarisism.  What it's telling you to do is to install BLAST
in a directory that is shared via NFS.  You'll need to figure out how
you want to share files between your macs.  How you do it isn't all that
important, it just needs to work.  I generally recommend that a cluster
have at least one central server that could function in this role.

-- Brooks