[GE users] consumable question

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Jan 12 22:22:28 GMT 2005

> Thanks for the suggestion.  My queue structure is very simple and is based on
>
> priorities(critical,common,trivial).  I try to avoid using additional
> queues
> unless absolutely necessary.

Aargh, you are right. I was only thinking of one node (subordinated cluster
queues will only block queues on the same node). Okay, try it this way
(although you will also have to use two times the three queues you set up):

Define one complex type_a consumable and setup with the number of total slots
in your cluster for each group.

Do the same for type_b.

Request this resource when you submit the jobs. You will always have enough
resources left, because it's just the number of slots.

For each queue define a load_threshold, which is exactly the number of slots (I
mean: for the type A queues, use the type_b complex and vice versa).

When the first job of type A starts, it will send all three queues of type B to
alarm state, so no jobs will be queued in.

Cheers - Reuti