[GE users] consumable question

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 01:12:04 GMT 2005

If you are using SGE 6, you can setup 2 cluster
queues, and use a cron job to only enable/switch the
state of the queues so that only 1 of the queues is
enabled.

Of course, you can build some smart into the cron job
so that it finds out which queue has more urgent jobs,
and also may be disabling both queues to let the
running jobs to finish.

In essence, the cron job is your co-scheduler! So
there are a few more things to add to handle failover.

 -Ron

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail