[GE users] Cluster partitioning: parallel and non-parallel jobs

Carlos Fernandez carlosf at cesga.es
Thu Jan 13 12:41:32 GMT 2005

Hello, I think that John Hearns did the same question, but I didn?t find a
good answer to his problem,

We have a cluster, and some nodes have Myrinet (16) and other don?t (80). I
want that the nodes with Myrinet run ONLY parallel jobs (i.e., the jobs that
ask for a parallel environment) and the other run only sequential jobs (the
last thing can be easily configured).

The problem I have is that sequential jobs also run on the nodes with
Myrinet. I know some tricks like configuring these nodes to be the last ones
eligible for running jobs and so on, but what I would exactly like to see is
that only the jobs that ask for a "pe" run on the Myrinet nodes. Do you know
of any solution (apart of writing a wrapper for qsub or similar....).

Best regards and thank you for the help,

Carlos Fernandez Sanchez
Systems manager
Supercomputing Center of Galicia
Avda. de Vigo s/n. Campus Sur.