[GE users] SunGrid Engine & BLAST

Michael Dinsmore jmnemonic at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 17:04:33 GMT 2005

I'm interested in how well this works out for you.  As much of a
writeup as you care to do wrt getting SGE to work on OS X would be
appreciated.

I am purchasing a Mac cluster for BLASTing also.

I anticipate using iNquiry for my job management, although SGE is an
option also (as is Apple's Xgrid, as a last resort.)

I haven't pursued SGE very far, other than to lurk this list, but I
understand that NFS serving on 10.3 isn't so hot;  expected to greatly
improve on 10.4.  What exactly the limitations of NFS on 10.3 isn't
clear, but if you're using straight up Apple nodes I think you'd do
better with (unencrypted) AFP;  is that an option with SGE?

You may also consider consulting the cluster/hpc apple listserve: