[GE users] SunGrid Engine & BLAST

Rayson Ho raysonho at eseenet.com
Thu Jan 13 18:41:45 GMT 2005

>I anticipate using iNquiry for my job management, although SGE is an
>option also (as is Apple's Xgrid, as a last resort.)

As far as I know, iNquiry uses SGE as its Job manager...

>improve on 10.4.  What exactly the limitations of NFS on 10.3 isn't
>clear,

This discussion thread has some more info on NFS serving on OSX:
http://lists.apple.com/archives/scitech/2005/Jan/msg00072.html

Basically, if your NFS export directory has a lot of files, or if the file
size is large, or even with a moderate number of NFS clients, the
performance of OSX as a server is bad :(

Rayson