[GE users] Jobs not restarting after reboot

Hrishikesh Deshmukh hdeshmuk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 19:59:34 GMT 2005

I just realized i was using port 5335 for sge_commd, 5336 for
sge_qmaster,5337 sge_execd. I think sge_qmaster and sge_execd are not
required for Sun 5.3 but they are for Sun 6.0. So i commented out
qmaster and execd from /etc/services/.

I changed sge_commd port to 536 and i think 536 is used by opalis-rdv!!!
As per the manual its better to use proviliged ports below  600 (i
have created  sgeadmin privileged user).If one has to use below 600
and 536 is already in use what does one do!!!

Thanks,
Hrishi