[GE users] SunGrid Engine & BLAST

Hrishikesh Deshmukh hdeshmuk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 21:12:23 GMT 2005

Here is the output, telnet will not work because it is disabled for
security issues
 telnet emac21.binf.gmu.edu  $COMMD_PORT
Trying 129.174.206.93...
telnet: connect to address 129.174.206.93: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

Used ssh insted of telnet and i could login!
Also i am usng port 28 since it was not assigned to any service, 536
is assigned to opalis-rv service.

So after setting up port 28 for sge_commd, i tried installing exection
host on a different machine, i made sure that port 28 was used for
sge_commd. I have removed lines for sge_qmaster and sge_execd, i
believe these two are for only grid 6.0 update and not for grid 5.3!!!

Thanks,
Hrishi