[GE users] RE: 1-CPU job in parallel environment

Wolfgang Dobler Wolfgang.Dobler at ucalgary.ca
Thu Jan 13 22:47:39 GMT 2005

[Sorry if I am replying to seemingly old messages -- reading the digest
only]

Bernard Li wrote:
 > You mentioned that you have tried other allocation rules...  in my PE I
 > use $fill_up and if I do:
 >
 > qsub -pe lammpi 1 test.sh
 >
 > That seems to work.  I am using 5.3p6 though.

I just verified that it works for me on an SGE 5.3 system (5.3beta2, I
think), but with the same config does not work on 6.0u1.

Here's the setup:

  pe_name           lam_single
  [5.3 only: queue_list        all]
  slots             500
  user_lists        NONE
  xuser_lists       NONE
  start_proc_args   /bin/true
  stop_proc_args    /bin/true
  allocation_rule   $fill_up
  control_slaves    FALSE
  job_is_first_task FALSE
  [6.0 only: urgency_slots     min]

..and the reaction:

  sge5.3beta2>  qsub -pe lam 1 test.csh
  your job 1007 ("test.csh") has been submitted

but

  sge6.0u1>  qsub -pe lam 1 test.csh
  Unable to run job: error: no suitable queues.

Could somebody verify that on an SGE6.0 system?

W o l f g a n g