[GE users] rcmd: socket: Cannot assign requested address

John_Tai John_Tai at smics.com
Fri Jan 14 00:38:38 GMT 2005

    [ The following text is in the "gb2312" character set. ]

Hi Andreas,

I was getting that same error almost everytime I submitted a job, on any exec host.  The spooling dir for each exec host is local, not on NFS. I was using the BDB with local spooling, and the day before the disk was full, so I had to remove manually some old files (log.00000001-100). I don't know if that is relevant.

Anyway, so we encountered this rcmd error, I tried to restart BDB and master daemons, but there was something wrong with the BDB. So I reinstalled all the servers with classic database and now it is working fine.

I would still like to know what went wrong. Any ideas?

Thanks again.

John