[GE users] SunGrid Engine & BLAST

Hrishikesh Deshmukh hdeshmuk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 15:07:15 GMT 2005

Hi,

Here is what i get for the commands you suggested to run
   starting sge_qmaster
starting program: /usr/local/sge/bin/darwin/sge_commd
using service "sge_commd"
bound to port 28
Reading in complexes:
        Complex "host".
        Complex "queue".
Reading in execution hosts.
Reading in administrative hosts.
Reading in submit hosts.
Reading in parallel environments:
        PE "make".
Reading in scheduler configuration
   starting sge_schedd

netstat -an | grep $COMMD_PORT
Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...
Try `grep --help' for more information.

I have to keep setting SGE_ROOT, how do i set it permanently.
I had done as suggested in the installation manual
SGE_ROOT=/usr/local/sge;export SGE_ROOT;echo $SGE_ROOT
Do i need to do anything more.

Going back to port numbers, i think port 28 works ok!!!
Now this means all i have to do is make sure that ports are common on
all machines and give it a twirl!!

Thanks,
Hrishi