[GE users] rcmd: socket: Cannot assign requested address

Andreas Haas Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM
Fri Jan 14 16:26:07 GMT 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, John_Tai wrote:

> No, I've always used the BDB. And I only switched to the classic yesterday because of this error.
>
> If the BDB was not working correctly, could that have affected the job execution?

John,

it shouldn't. Also it is very unlikely since the error

   failed before writing exit_status:can't read usage file for job 61013.1

occured in execution daemon which does not even link BDB dynamically ...

But who am I to rule this out? The interesting thing is that 6.0u1 BDB
spooling worked at first quite some time before it broke your system.

Have you tried to shutdown and restarted your master node using?

   # rcsge stop
   # rcsge start

Andreas