[GE users] LoadSensors not behving as expected

Arati Kadav aratik at cse.iitk.ac.in
Sun Jan 16 10:44:37 GMT 2005

I am using SGE5.3. I have installed loadsensors for sensing some values for
am atrribute (say demo). Now whenever I check the value of this attribute
using :
qhost -l demo=1
then i dont get any output.
However when I run the loadsensor script then I can see the value of demo as
1 for that machine.
*However this behaviour is not perennial sometimes I do get that value as 1
in the same set up especially when the loadsensor is recently  modified and
fiddled with*. What am I missing here?
Here is the definition of my attribute added in the host complex:
Art_demo     demo   INT    0               <=    YES         NO         0

I have set the loadsensor path set right using the command (have verified
it):
qconf -mconf <hostname>

Please pointout what is it that I am missing. Some deterministic steps to
get the value as 1.

Thanks in advance,
Arati

--