[GE users] mixed architecture cluster

Wheeler, Dr M.D. mdw10 at leicester.ac.uk
Mon Jan 17 18:22:11 GMT 2005

Dear All,

I have a mixed architecture cluster and I would like when a job is submitted to make sure that it goes to the correct type of node.

My machine has
32-bit nodes: arch=glinux
64-bit nodes: arch=lx24-amd64

I have tried using -l arch=xxx in my script file but this seems to be being ignored.  Does anyone have any simple ways to get around this.

I am using SGE 5.3 on a Rocks cluster

Thanks in advance
Martyn

Dr. Martyn D. Wheeler