[GE users] Environment variables

John_Tai John_Tai at smics.com
Wed Jan 19 09:57:13 GMT 2005

<< I am trying to setup a wrapper script that determines whether a user can login to a machine or not (I would like users to be able to have inrteractive access to the frontend machine but not the compute nodes). >>

Just to clarify: you want users to login to the submit host, but not the exec hosts. Is this correct?

If it is, I am using the /etc/hosts.deny to deny all access for the exec hosts. Somehow GE can still submit any type of jobs (batch, interactive), although I do not know why.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

John