[GE users] rcmd: socket: Cannot assign requested address

Andreas Haas Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM
Wed Jan 19 17:19:58 GMT 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, John_Tai wrote:

> <<I assume you verified all master daemons qmaster, scheduler and
> berkeley_db_svc were shut down orderly before you tried to restart.
> Is this correct?>>
>
> I shut down the daemons using the rc scripts:
>
> /etc/init.d/sgebdb stop
> /etc/init.d/sgemaster stop
>
> Is there an order in which I have to shut them down?

Actually the qmaster depends on BDB RPC service. Thus I'd do it
the other way around just for safety reasons.

> <<With current 6.0 berkeley_db_svc logging is not yet used. We have to
> change this. I explain the workaround with the related issue >>
>
> Good to know, thanks.
>
> Now that I am using classic spooling, I still have this problem though, sometimes. And I can't pinpoint the cause of this. As I stated in my previous e-mail:
>
> qrsh -verbose
> waiting for interactive job to be scheduled ...
> Your interactive job 11117 has been successfully scheduled.
> Establishing /home/edamgr/GridEngine/sge6-1/utilbin/sol-sparc64/rlogin session to host dsl20 ...
> rcmd: socket: Cannot assign requested address
> /home/edamgr/GridEngine/sge6-1/utilbin/sol-sparc64/rlogin exited with exit code 1
>
> This is the qmaster messages:
>
> 01/17/2005 15:07:32|qmaster|dsfileserver|W|job 11117.1 failed on host dsl20 assumedly after job because: job 11117.1 died through signal KILL (9)
>
> Any more ideas where the problem might be?

No.

> Sorry to drag this for so long.

Two questions

(1) Can this error be repeated reliably ?
(2) What OS do you have at node 'dsl20' ?

Regards,
Andreas