[GE users] Job submission speed through DRMAA api.

Wed Jan 19 19:09:58 GMT 2005

qsub is actually built on top of the same core as DRMAA, so job
submission is ultimately handled the same way for both.  Unless you are
setting more than the basic DRMAA attributes, there's only a couple of
job options that get set with DRMAA which do not get set with qsub.  If
you look in the drmaa_attributes man page, you will find the options set
by DRMAA by default: "-p 0", "-b yes", "-shell no", and "-w e".  If
there is a difference, it must come from one of these.  You can
programmatically experiment by overriding these options, one by one,
with the DRMAA_NATIVE_SPECIFICATION attribute.  If you find something
interesting, please let me know. :)

Daniel